Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Food Glorious Food!

I realize this particular post has nothing to do with art, but since I'm going out for dinner this evening it has me thinking about food – GOOD food. There are SO many great places in Cincinnati to strap on the feedbag. Of course, I don't mean pigging out when you go out to eat, but some places the food is so good, you may feel like doing just that!

I've compiled a short list of places that I believe to have the best burger, Italian, Thai, Fish, etc... Try them for yourself, or if you already have, maybe just give a thumbs up for agreeing. And, P.S. I have no affiliation with any of these places. I just believe in getting the most out your money and a great dining experience!

Best Burger

It seems like Five Guys restaurants are popping up everywhere! They spoil us with their reasonable prices and quick service... It seems like they should be dubbed the "best burger in town." But wait! What if you don't like a burger with all that fluff. Where is one supposed to turn for a simple grilled melt-in-your-mouth patty of ground beef? ...Ready? Wait for it... By Golly's! It may not be the fanciest place in town, but by golly, it gets the job done. A friendly atmosphere, with good people and great food (and they serve beer too! Sorry Five Guys, but that's a deal-breaker!). www.bygollys.com

Best Italian Food

This one is tricky, because a lot of it, I think, depends on what kind of sauces you like and they definitely vary from one chef's kitchen to the next. Ferrari's in Madeira has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Not only is their food authentic, but they have a quaint, "Little Italy" atmosphere that just makes for a wonderful experience. And they make fresh bread! Big thumbs up for Ferrari's... www.ferrarilittleitaly.com

Fish that's Not Fishy

I LOVE salmon. Two great salmon dishes I have found in the city can be found at Ferrari's Little Italy in Madeira and at The Cheesecake Factory in Kenwood. Both come with a mild sauce that perfectly compliment the fish without taking away from the taste or texture.

Best Asian Cuisine

Lemongrass. Period. It's on Madison Road in Norwood/Hyde Park.

Well, I'm out of time for today. I'm sure I'll come up with more tasty ideas after I've posted this. But we'll save that for another day. :)

Cheers!

~ Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment