Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The End is in Sight and More to Come!

Right now, I'm enjoying a glass of Valley Vineyard's Concord wine, celebrating my near completion of the Downy at painting. It will be done this week, and the wine was going to spoil, so here I am... It really is coming together nicely and I am excited to get started on the Great Smoky Mountains painting once again. I have a fairly firm deadline for this thing to be completed by the first of May. Partly due to the fact that I have another project hanging over my head (Hyde Park), but mostly just because I want to see it done.

I'd like to open up the lines of communication for my next project. I could use a little encouragement, but also I would like some suggestions. Part of what I really enjoy about painting is including the suggestions of others. I feel like I'm putting little pieces of my friends, family and relationships into my work.

So... if anyone has any photos or memories you would like to share, I encourage you to do so. Who knows, it may just end up as one of my little "bet-ya-didn't-see-that-at-first-glance" things that I like to hide in my paintings. A kind of, "Where's Waldo" thing I like to do with each piece :)

Thanks for engaging in another one of my blog entries!

Cheers!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment