Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome!

This is my first post... How exciting! So far, I'm not impressed with my font choices here. ;)  


Well, it's a new year and new and exciting things are happening in my world... I'm nearing completion of my 8th bird painting - this being of a male downy woodpecker (pictured below). The "bird paintings" (as I've come to call them) tend to get more complicated and detailed for each that I do, and therefore, become more time consuming. I would love to gain greater detail in my work with less effort and in less time one of these days, but all in good time I suppose.




When this project is complete, I have plans to pick back up where I left off on my "Great Smoky Mountains National Park" painting. It has been stuck on the easel since Jan/Feb 2010. I'm tired of neglecting it, so it's my next priority.


Also in the works is a fresh rendering for my plans of another collage style painting, Cincinnati-themed of course, of Hyde Park Square, and will not only include "the Square", but also the Cincinnati Observatory and Ault Park. While I am excited to work on this idea, it is always a possibility that it will get pushed aside for something else. In the meantime, I am always open to suggestions on other project ideas or something that you may wish to see in one of these projects in progress.


Thanks for reading my first entry! And please, stay tuned!


~ Kate Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment